This week, Bella Blvd and The Twinery have teamed-up for a special week of inspiration. Both manufacturers have swapped product with each other, and let their designers have fun, creating projects that feature both the Bella Blvd products, along with The Twinery's baker's twine.
I kept looking at the yummy packages of baker's twine sitting on my desk, and all I could think about was THIS LAYOUT that I had created a few years ago, of one of my daycare girlies. I knew I wanted to lift that layout, for one of the girl's albums. I really liked the pink, green, and grey color combo, and knew it would go perfectly with this photo of alyssa. This is an all time favorite shot of her, and oddly enough, I don't think I have ever scrapped it.
I started by picking out some tone-on-tone patterned papers in pink, green, and grey. After I had those narrowed down, I found a few papers that had those same pinks, greens, and greys.
It's such a simple thing to do. Wrap the twine around the patterned paper block. But I think it adds a lot of interest to the page. After cutting the papers into the right size, I used my distressing tool to rough up the edges of the papers. This adds lots of texture, and it also helps the twine to "grab" the sides of the paper, so that it doesn't shift around too much.
I simply wrapped the twine around the paper, very randomly, and then tie a bow in the front when I'm done. I adhered these pieces using pop dots, to add even more dimension to the page.
And the misting. There's a story to the misting on this layout. I created this entire layout, on plain white cardstock. I think that was partly because I was lifting my older layout, and that's how I created that page. But on this page, it needed something. With the lighter colors in my papers, I think it just needed a little something extra.
The problem was that I had already created and adhered everything. And misting should really be done beforehand, since there's not a lot of control over where the spray goes. I got this bright idea that I could just cover everything except the bottom and the top of the page, and just mist those parts. I ended up going right over my title letters, since they were black and wouldn't really show. But I ended up making a bit of a mess on the page.
The top part suffered the most. I had mist on my journaling strip, so I tried to re-print it. My printers can never seem to understand when I tell them I want to print on an 8.5x12 piece of paper. They just assume I mean 8.5x11, and end up cutting off the end of my journaling. After a few tries, I gave up, and just had to use what I had. I did add the scalloped grey dotted border sticker above my journaling, and I think that added a lot to the page.