It's been a little quieter on the assignment side of my scrapping, so for once, I'm working ahead on some upcoming projects. Something I never do. I'm pretty sure I have at least eight different projects in the works, all in different stages, and spread out all over the place. I have just been doing little bits here and there, jumping from project to project. Which means I have lots of scraps laying around. I gathered up some of those scraps and whipped up a few extra cards tonight.
I was working on a card assignment and had this idea using the open circle background piece, cut with my Silhouette. I only had a few small pieces of paper to work with for this card, so I pulled out a few random pieces of patterned paper and cut three of the circle die cuts. My idea for the actual assignment didn't work, but I still had these three pieces perfect for a few cards.
I also had a piece of my favorite white grid patterned paper, which I had sprayed with pink misting spray. I was able to get three pieces that were large enough to use on the three cards. I adhered them on the left side of the card bases, and stapled my circle die cut pieces right on top.
I then dug through some of my 6x6" paper pads and found a few woodgrain patterned papers to use for the right side of each card. I took a few scraps of the same papers I cut the circle die cut pieces from and punched some scalloped borders to add to each card.
I wanted something quick and easy for the sentiments. I had a few packs of the new Heidi Swapp stickers that I had picked up at Michaels, and they matched the papers perfectly. I had a little issue with one of my packs, since the stickers weren't actually sticky. In fact, they had a shiny backing to them, which meant that I couldn't get any adhesive to stick to them at all.
I ended up punching out a circle from white cardstock, placing the two stickers in the center (the outer ring sticker is seperate from the larger circle in the center), and then using my Tiny Attatcher to staple them in place. A little more work than just sticking a "sticker" down, but it was a simple fix.
I dug out some older flowers, one of them chipboard, and added my sentiments to the centers before adhering them all to the cards. I think it took me longer to photograph the cards (I detest using my external flash, but wanted to get the pics done to post tonight), edit them, and type up this post ... than to make those 3 cards.