It's the first Monday of the month, which means the August project sheet is up on the Bella Blvd blog today. For this month's layout, I was asked to use the new Oh My Stars collection, which will begin shipping later this month. I was also asked to incorporate texture and dimension into the page design, and to use our new Tabbies as well.
If you remember, I created a catalog layout for this collection, that I shared a few weeks ago (seen HERE). It just so happens that I had incorporated all of those things in that layout, without even realizing I'd be creating something similar for the project sheet layout. And without really meaning too, I lifted some of the same basics design ideas of that first layout into this layout here.
I was looking thru the patterned papers in this collection, trying to decide what color combo I would use. I came across this fun circle patterned paper, with the aqua, yellow, orange, and green circles against the white with black dots. I knew this would make a great background paper for the layout, and then pulled the star patterned papers to match. I also loved this 4x6 "Super Star" card from one of the patterned papers, and decided to use that as my title.
I used the black/white striped border from the Border patterned paper, cut in half lengthwise, along the top and bottom of the page. I also tore off a few piece of washi tape from the new Washi Sticker book, and added those to the top left corner and bottom right corner of the page.
I printed several 2x3" photos to use on the page. I was originally going to use five photos, but in the end I used one of the spots for my journaling instead, using four photos on the page. From the star patterned papers, I cut pieces slightly larger than my photos, and then some more pieces slightly larger than those first pieces of papers. I knew I would be double matting my photos, but wanted to have plenty of pieces to play with until I got the final combinations right.
I went thru the Tabbies pack, and picked out several tabs in coordinating colors. I knew I wanted to add a tab to each layered piece, whether it was a photo, the journaling block, or my title piece. I used my Tiny Attacher to staple them in place.
I ended up using the black star patterned paper on each photo, the title piece, and the journaling block. I love how all of the other colors really "pop" against the black, so I wanted to pair the black with all of my layered pieces.
As usual, I distressed the edges of each paper and machine stitched around the edges. I did this all before adhering any of the pieces together. I matted my photos with the smaller of the two papers, and then adhered them to the larger pieces with pop dots for extra dimension.
To embellish the page, I pulled out some coordinating star die cuts from the Paper Pieces package, and adhered those around the page. I also used some of the large black enamel dots to add a little something to the centers of some of the circles on my background paper.
You can download the August project sheet, complete with supply list and detailed instructions, RIGHT HERE.