Hey everyone! I wanted to share the second layout that I created for the Jillibean Soup design team call. This layout actually started with the die cut alphas, as I love the chunky shape of them and wanted to play with them. I also loved the color choices within the package.
The pinks, yellows, and oranges reminded me of a few photos that Alyssa had sent me from their fall Bid Day at Theta (her sorority at college), and I knew they would be perfect to use for my layout.
I printed one of my photos as a 3x4 and two photos as 3x3's, leaving a white border around each when I trimmed them down. I pulled out some patterned papers from different collections in orange, yellow, green, and pink to coordinate with my title letters and the colors within the photos.
I adhered my photos onto a piece of green patterned paper, and added a fun little tab sticker to the side of each. I picked out a few little word stickers, and added one to each tab sticker as well.
I used a combination of different alphas - die cut alphas, corrugated alphas, and alpha stickers - and a die cut word, to create my title. The corrugated alphas are an older Jillibean Soup product, and one that I always loved (and still have a lot of in my stash).
Since I hard worked in some corrugated alphas to my title, I thought I would also add a few corrugated flowers as well. These flowers have holes in the centers, as they're meant to look like buttons. I had a few flower die cuts that I had wanted to use, so I simply added one to the center of each of the corrugated flowers.
And check out that flamingo. I've seen flamingos a lot on scrapbooking products, and never thought I would have a need to use one. But it just seemed to work with these photos. I actually thought there had been a flamingo somewhere in the photos, but I guess I was thinking of the palm trees.
Alpha sets that have mixed colors are really fun, but there are occasions where you need a letter in a different color than what's in the package (or maybe you used the one in the color you need already). I ended up cutting two T's out of patterned paper to get the pink and yellow that I wanted, by tracing one of the other T's onto the paper and then cutting them out.
I've also got a few cards that I created for the design team call that I'll share this week as well. So keep your eye out for those next ;)