Hey all! I have a new Jillibean Soup layout to share with you today. I created this one way back in June, but it didn't go up on the Jillibean Soup blog until late July, and then I sort of forgot all about it. I guess it's ok that I waited to share this, since I can't share my last set of Jillibean projects until the first week in September. This is why I forget about stuff ;)
I've pulled out these photos of Sarah and I a few times over the last year or so, but always end up sticking them back in the box to scrap later. But when I sat down to figure out what I was going to make for my June layouts for Jillibean, I came across a cut file in their Silhouette store and knew it would pair up nicely with these photos.
The original title was "fancy pants", but I knew that I would drop the "fancy" part and just work with the "pants" part of that cut file.
"Sassy" seemed like the perfect word to describe my girl, as we do often call her Sassy Sarah ;) I ended up using some corrugated alphas for the first half of my title, and die cut "pants" from some navy blue cardstock.
Once I figured out my plan for the page, I ended up having some empty space along the top of the page where I would be adding my title. I'm sure you all know that I'm not always a fan of plain white cardstock. I love to create a simple white-on-white look with a background cut file, and I happen to have a leftover piece of a woodgrain background from THIS layout, so I added that along the top of the page.
My photos were all 3x4's, so I decided to create four 3" columns across the page. I added a photo to each column, staggering the placement, and then picked out a patterned paper for each column as well. The patterned paper in the column where my journaling is was the first paper I picked out and where I pulled the other colors from for the rest of the page.
I also found several 2x2" cards, cut from one of the Bite Size Bits patterned papers, and added one to each of three columns that had photos in them.
I then picked out a few flowers from a Pea Pod Parts package that coordinated with my papers, and added a flower along with each 2x2" card.
Lastly, I added a tab die cut or sticker to each photo. I often debate over adding additional embellishments to my pages, as I'm not one to force anything onto a page just for the sake of adding product. I don't even think it crossed my mind to add anything else to this layout. I have more layouts these days that are made up of paper, photos, and die cuts, and I'm totally fine with that :)